Makeblock Limited Warranty
I. What are Warranted Items and Warranty Period?
|Product Category||Warranty Period|
|Electronic Modules||Six Months|
|Others (Mechanical parts, consumable parts, batteries, etc.)||No applicable to this Limited Warranty. Makeblock only replaces the defective parts upon receiving|
Attention 1: Some special products (such as Airblock) may apply to their own warranty. In this case, the product should apply to its specific warranty.
Attention 2: Consumable parts are including but not limited to screws, screwdrivers, RJ25 cables.
II. What are Warranty Policies?
- Replacement: With respect to any defective product for which Makeblock has been notified of the defect within seven calendar days from the date of a valid receipt, Makeblock will, at Makeblock’ discretion, provide you free of charge a replacement the same product or a latest product with equivalent performance after confirmed the defect by Makeblock or the technician from distributor. The replaced or refunded item becomes Makeblock’s property.
- Replenishment: If you find out any missing parts of your products within seven calendar days of a valid receipt, Makeblock will ship you free of charge missing products or components after confirmed by Makeblock or the third party testing laboratories.
- Free Repairs: During the Warranty Period, if you find any performance issue within the product which is covered by this Limited Warranty, Makeblock will provide free service to repair or replace defective components after confirmed the issue by Makeblock or the third party testing laboratories.
- Charged Repairs: Regarding the quality issue found at the product which does not apply to free repairs, Makeblock will provide charged repair service to the product after confirmed by Makeblock or the third party testing laboratories. The charge may vary according to the specific products and the damage level.
III. What is not covered by This Limited Warranty?
This limited warranty does not cover any damage caused by: (1) any failure of the product due to does not match the national related standards in the operating environment, including but not limited to overvoltage, overcurrent, lightning, extreme high temperature, extreme high humidity, vibration, (2) external causes such as earthquake, fire, (3) unexpected factors or human behaviors damage the products, such as liquid contact, abuse, oxidation, rust, (4) failure to follow the product instructions to install, use, maintain, store the product, (5) unauthorized modify, decompose, and assemble the product, (7) transportation or storage when the purchaser ship the product back to Makeblock, (8) including but not limited to other non-design, technical, manufacture, quality issue.
This Limited Warranty does not cover the product which has been exceeded the replacement and Warranty Period.
IV. Special Notes:
- The packing of the product, free gifts, consumable parts, and mechanical parts are not applying to this Limited Warranty. If you find any damage upon receiving, Makeblock will provide you free replacement. Please check timely the product after the receipt thereof. Makeblock will charge certain fees if you would add packaging, accessories or require refurbishment service.
- None of any warranty service made by an authorized distributor is covered by this warranty policy, and Makeblock shall not be held liable. In order to receive any benefits from the distributor’s warranty and/or other policies, please keep any documents obtained during the purchase.
- If you purchase the product through authorized distributor, please contact the customer service by the authorized distributor first.
- “Replacement/Warranty Period” are available from the date of the receipt. Please keep the receipt during the purchase.
- In terms of discontinued products or the products which are going to be discontinued, Makeblock will publish relevant announcement and inform authorized distributors to notify customers the deadline of the Warranty Period. Makeblock and its authorized distributors will terminate the warranty service after the deadline of the Warranty Period.
- Regarding the repaired or replaced product, it shall be warranted for two months after the date Makeblock shipped it. If the original product remaining Warranty Period is more than two months, it shall apply to the original Warranty Period.
- The Limited Warranty does not apply to products that were resold by unauthorized resellers.
V. Notices to Customer Service:
- When failure has occurred on your product, you could apply replacement/repair service with your receipt, invoice or other relevant proof, at the place where you purchased the product. The authorized distributors could assist their customers to apply replacement/ repair service to Makeblock branches or headquarter. When you cannot contact your distributor, please contact Makeblock branches or the customer service of headquarter.
- During Warranty Period, Makeblock will cover shipping cost for any product which apply to free repairs. Regarding the products which exceed Warranty Period, Makeblock also provides technical support. Limited maintenance with customer bearing all related cost (freight, maintenance cost, customs tax and so on) will be provided up to Makeblock’s analysis of products.
- For detailed Warranty Service Instructions, please view here.
Airblock Warranted Parts and Period
|Main Control Module||Six Months|
|Battery||Six months(damage to battery shell during use is not included)|
|PowerModules, Hovercraft Base and ProtectiveCovers||No applicable to this Limited Warranty. Makeblock only replaces the defective parts upon receiving|
Attention 1: Power modules are consumable parts, so they are not applicable to Free Repairs. Users could simply purchase new power modules to replace the damages during use.
Precautions to Operate Airblock
(Please refer to Airblock User manual for more information)
- Beginners should operate Airblock in an open indoor environment for first flight test, in order to prevent dangers from falling, hitting to the ceiling, walls, or trees. Precisely, Makeblock recommends users to operate Airblock in a space larger than 3*3*3 meters for indoor flying, or a windless spacious outdoor environment for outdoor flying.
- Please do not turn off the power switch during flying except emergency. Otherwise, the aircraft will drop immediately, which may damage the equipment.
- Hovercraft is divided into land and water mode, and Makeblock App controls are separate for these two modes. Make sure to select the corresponding mode for your operating environment. Otherwise, the hovercraft will be shipwrecked, which may damage the electronic parts.
- Due to the limitation of Bluetooth communication distance, users can only control Airblock within a 6 meter radicus for the purpose of safety. Once the distance between Airblock and mobile device exceeds 6 meters, mobile device cannot detect the Bluetooth on Airblock which will be lose controlled.
- Please do not touch the propellers spinning area while holding the Airblock body or any individual module, in order to prevent accidents when power suddenly turn on.
This limited warranty applies to the global market, and Makeblock has the right to adjust it according to the consumer protection laws from different states or jurisdictions.
@2017 Makeblock Inc. All rights reserved. This English version Limited Warranty is only for reference, and it is subject to the Chinese version Limited Warranty.