Updated: 23rd July 2018
At Polaris we are committed to protecting the personal information we hold about you and understand your concerns about your security of your personal information. Your privacy is important to us and we are bound by the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) of 2012.
This Policy may be changed from time to time as we update it accordingly. To keep yourself updated it is recommended to check back whenever concerned.
- What personal information is collected?
We may collect the following information from you through the following channels, such as subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out an order form, collect information on our site or channels through our Contact Us page, online order processing, product warranty registration, or lucky draws conducted by us via social media platforms or physical entry forms.
The kind of personal information collected and held depends on the type of products and/or services requisitioned from us and may include:
- Your name, date of birth, home address, contact details and relevant identification documents;
- Product warranty registration;
- Contests or lucky draws held by us;
- Online order fulfillment;
- Communications between you and our respective customer service agents for product enquiries, sales, services or technical support;
- Potentially sensitive information obtained with your consent (e.g if you are applying for various government grants/schemes/rebates), we require confirmation from respective government bodies that you are eligible to receive government-subsidized services, or otherwise where required or permitted by law (e.g fraud cases);
- Non personal identifiable information regarding your website interaction with us (eg your interaction with the menus, advertising contents and sub sections of this website) This information will be anonymous, retrieved from your web browser cookies that you have control of disabling it. This information will be used for analytics and troubleshooting of our website.
- How is personal information collected?
- Directly from you, such as information you provide via phone, email or in an application form or online order forms or contact us forms or when you participate in a survey, promotion or competition or newsletter registrations;
- From other Polaris group of subsidiaries where permitted by law;
- Online orders from the following Polaris owned websites, WeArePolaris.com and eStorePolaris.com
- How do we use and disclose your personal information?
We do not sell your personal information to anyone, on occasions where we do need to hire other companies to help us provide some services such as companies that provide marketing assistance, we limit the personal information we give them, and they will only have access to your information for the purposes of performing such functions. They are monitored by Polaris to ensure that our customer privacy is always protected. Such occasions are mandated by a Non-Disclosure Agreement signed by both parties.
Polaris may collect, use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of providing the products and/or services requested, as well as for related purposes such as:
- To verify your identity or transactions which you may enter into with us (including the identities of other third parties associated with your product or service);
- To process your order or request for our products and services;
- To administer and manage the provision of our products and services;
- To respond to queries, complaints or feedback with the information you provided us;
- To verify your personal particulars against your warranty registration information (if any);
- To provide you with product marketing offers of our products or services offered by Polaris and group of subsidiaries;
- To improve and personalise our products and services;
- To comply with laws and regulatory requirements, or complying with any request made by a governmental authority in connection with legal proceedings or the prevention or detection of fraud and crime;
- To conduct product and market research;
- To contact you by email, phone, fax or mail regarding your order or other products and services.
- To enable us to keep track of your purchase records, update our customer profiling and preferences that may allow us to serve you better;
- If applying for employment with Polaris, your personal information will be used to complete appropriate background checks;
- If attending our offices in person, to assist Polaris in providing a safe and secure environment for all employees and visitors.
If you do not want us to use your personal information to market to you, you may opt-out of these types of marketing messages at any time by clicking on the un-subscribe link on the e-mail sent.
- Personal Data Security
Polaris stores personal information using hard copy and/or electronic means in such a way as to prevent unauthorized collection, access, use, disclosure or disposal of information. We employ safe hard copy data disposal methods via certified and authorized disposal companies to shred and destroy any information we no longer require for storage. Each load of hard copy data destruction is accompanied by a destruction certificate and subjected to Polaris regular audits.
Polaris will establish a retention period for all personal information collected, this period may be bound by the requirements set by Polaris for any administrative requirements, such lucky draw claims, product premium claims from respective distributors, and telecommunications operators in Singapore. Polaris will limit the disclosure of personal information to its bare minimum and censor necessary data to process such claims.
We employ reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We use industry-recognized technical safeguards, such as firewalls, and have adopted and implemented security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration.
Efforts notwithstanding, we cannot guarantee absolute protection of this information given the open nature and instability of the Internet and World Wide Web, and we have no representations or warranties as to the effectiveness of your own computer or IT infrastructure security at on your end and thus assume no liability or responsibilities for any potential security breaches or failure in the security of your computer equipment, your data, your internet service provider or other networks and communications providers.
- Links to other websites
- Contact Us
If there are any questions regarding this Privacy Policay, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org