Updated: 19 July 2016
At Polaris we are committed to protecting the personal information we hold about you and understand your concerns about your security of your personal information. Your privacy is important to us and we are bound by the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA)
Polaris may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. To get the latest updated information, we recommend you to check this page from time to time.
- What personal information is collected?
We may collect the following information from you through the following channels, such as subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out an order form, collect information on our site or channels through our ìContact Usî page, online orders processing, product warranty registration, or lucky draw conducted by us through social media platforms or lucky draw entry forms.
The kind of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the type of products and services that you request from us and may include:
- Information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include your name, date of birth, address, contact details and relevant identification documents;
- Product warranty registration;
- Contests or lucky draw held by us;
- Online orders fulfilment;
- Communications between you and our respective customer service agents for product enquires, sales, services or technical support;
- Transactional information about the use of a product if you have or had a product with us;
- In some cases, sensitive information obtained with your consent (eg if you are applying for various government grants/schemes/rebates), we require confirmation from respective government bodies that you are eligible to receive government-subsidised services, or otherwise where required or permitted by law (eg fraud cases);
- Your name, contact details and date of birth for any verification purposes, such as lucky draw claims or warranty claims;
- Non personal identifiable information regarding your website interaction with us (eg your interaction with the menus, advertising contents and sub sections of this website) This information will be anonymous, retrieved from your web browser cookies that you have control of disabling it. This information will be used for analytics and troubleshooting of our website.
- How is personal information collected?
- Directly from you, such as information you provide via phone, email or in an application form or online order forms or contact us forms or when you participate in a survey, promotion or competition or newsletter registrations;
- From other Polaris group of subsidiaries where permitted by law;
- Online orders from the following Polaris owned websites, WeArePolaris.com and eStorePolaris.com
- How do we use and disclose your personal information?
We do not sell your personal information to anyone, on occasions where we do need to hire other companies to help us provide some services such as companies that provide marketing assistance, we limit the personal information we give them, and they will only have access to your information for the purposes of performing such functions. They are strictly monitored by Polaris in order to make certain that our customerís privacy is always protected. Such occasions are mandated by a Non-Disclosure Agreement signed by both parties.
Polaris may collect, use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of providing the products and/or services requested, as well as for related purposes such as:
- To verify your identity or transactions which you may enter into with us (including the identities of other third parties associated with your product or service);
- To process your order or request for our products and services;
- To administer and manage the provision of our products and services;
- To respond to queries, complaints or feedback with the information you provided us;
- To verify your personal particulars against your warranty registration information (if any);
- To provide you with product marketing offers of our products or services offered by Polaris and group of subsidiaries;
- To improve and personalise our products and services;
- To comply with laws and regulatory requirements, or complying with any request made by a governmental authority in connection with legal proceedings or the prevention or detection of fraud and crime;
- To conduct product and market research;
- To contact you by email, phone, fax or mail regarding your order or other products and services.
- To enable us to keep track of your purchase records, update our customer profiling and preferences that may allow us to serve you better;
- If applying for employment with Polaris, your personal information will be used to complete appropriate background checks;
- If attending our offices in person, to assist Polaris in providing a safe and secure environment for all employees and visitors.
If you do not want us to use your personal information to market to you, you may opt-out of these types of marketing messages at any time by clicking on the un-subscribe link on the e-mail sent.
- Personal Data Security
Polaris store personal information using hard copy and/or electronic means in such a way as to prevent unauthorized collection, access, use, disclosure or disposal of information. We employ safe hard copy data disposal methods via certified and authorized disposal companies to shred and destroy any information we no longer require for storage. Each load of hard copy data destruction is accompanied by a destruction certificate and subjected to Polaris regular audits.
Polaris will establish a retention period for all personal information collected, this period may be bound by the requirements set by Polaris for any administrative requirements, such lucky draw claims, product premium claims from respective distributors, and telecommunications operators in Singapore. Polaris will limit the disclosure of personal information to its bare minimum and censor necessary data to process such claims.
We employ reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We use industry-recognized technical safeguards, such as firewalls, and have adopted and implemented security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. Keeping your personal information secure is very important to Polaris.
Notwithstanding our efforts, we cannot guarantee absolute or unqualified protection of this information given the open nature and resulting instability of the Internet and World Wide Web, and we make no representations or warranties as to the effectiveness of your own computer or IT infrastructure security at your end and we assume no liability and bear no responsibilities for security breaches or any failure in the security of your computer equipment, your data, your internet service provider or other networks and communications providers.
- Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of other information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- Contacting Us